Thursday, January 26, 2012

In Your Face

We started the day by heading out on two piki pikis to visit Esembe Spring to record the progress in a video Terry is putting together to present when we get home.  Terry had told me it was a pretty gnarly ride, but I didn't want to be left behind.  I won't pretend I wasn't nervous, but we`ve been getting a lot of Praise Gods since we`ve arrived, so I figure we must be in good hands.  So glad I went.  Without the thought of what could happen if we crashed, there is no nicer way to travel.  Wind in my hair, cool breeze, bouncy ride... just being part of it all is so fantastic.

I think that's what I love about this place... it is so in your face.  At home, partly because of the cold and the dark, but mostly because of... I don't know what... we are so isolated; in our cars, in our buildings, behind doors, beneath our helmets.  Here, whether walking, on a bike or a motorcycle, you share the path with neighbours, children, animals, food, goods for sale of all kind just strewn out on the street -- everything from undies to text books, to mangoes, to pad locks and tools and solar lamps.  It`s all just right there.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment