Friday, January 13, 2012

Fish Farm Harvest video



Yesterday we headed out to the rural area at 0900. We participated in a harvest of tilapia pond. Check out the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0f7DIMgDXQ&feature=youtu.be


After the harvest we went on a long hike to see the last of the first 18 protected springs to be started this Monday.

Later that evening we attended the local Rotary Club meeting. we invited our very friendly neighbours Sanford and June who are from Kakamega but have been living in Houston the last 6 years or so.

President Robertson threw in a surprise: he wants a ground-breaking ceremony on Monday. I'll work on the logistics of this later today (the challenge of getting the contractors to the right sites was going to be interesting in itself, but a little ceremony is a good idea- if someone donates some 4x4 transportation for guests). I'm heading out early this morning to a fish fingerling transfer at another fish farmer's. Tanya is off to a TEMBO meeting so she won't be with me at fish pond.

My first morning in Kenya without a run :0( (its been 3+ weeks since I missed a day- maybe I'll have energy to do my first evening run, it'll be hot).

No comments:

Post a Comment