Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweatin' the Small Stuff

Terry and I had a fight this morning.  He was wearing my socks (again)!  My once white, Lulu Lemon socks.  I was really mad.  Not only are they all dirty now with red dust that gets into everything, but they are all stretched out.  And they are mine.

I realized as I was walking into town to meet someone, that I really needed to be mad at Terry for wearing my socks... my Lulu Lemon socks.  This morning I needed a cadillac problem.  I needed to feel like I had control over something.  The socks weren't the last straw for me, they were something of a lifeline.  Some normal, ridiculous problem that is easy to place blame (Terry's fault) and easy to solve (Terry will have to buy me new socks).  I got to assert my will until he said sorry and promised to buy me new socks.  Just like that, problem solved. 

Sigh, if only everything were that easy.

2 comments:

  1. An unimportant quarrel was what we had
    We have to learn to live with the good and bad
    Together we were happy, apart we're sad

    You're doing GREAT work Tanya!!
    BTW the Helping Hands project is approved at TRF

    ReplyDelete