Monday, March 26, 2012

Has anybody seen my motivation?

We seemed to have misplaced our motivation.  We arrived back in Kakamega on Thursday for a bonus 2 1/2 weeks to wrap up our projects.  On the agenda is:  Final 8 springs, Delivery of fingerlings and feed for fish farmers, Put together and distribute manual for Asset Based Community Development Facilitators, and print photos to leave behind for our friends and members of the community who were kind enough to let us snap.  We've met hurdles at every step and so far on day 4, we haven't really accomplished a thing.

I did sleep last night after a short rain shower freshened the air, though I woke up this morning to Terry clapping at fat mosquitoes trapped inside our net.  He said they were easy to catch because they were full of blood.  And I am covered in bites.  Damn it.

We have both been napping every afternoon, weird, and Terry has headed out for his morning run... which for the past three days has turned into a morning walk after he shuffles along for the first 5 or 10 minutes.  Also weird.

My camera is on day two in the shop, fingers crossed I haven't lost all my pictures since February 21st :o(

The Kakamega Rotary Club is stalling on the springs.  :o(

Two of the fish ponds are still filling up with water... pole, pole -- slowly, slowly.  And the Chairman of KASFOOC is sending us texts that sounds like he's mad at us, but we can't make any sense of them.  :o(

I haven't opened the document to work on the manual.  TODAY!  I am determined.  :o(

And yesterday Fredrick called to meet me in the morning.  He told me he has sold a bed, a three person chair, and a stool.  Good news!  And then he told me that he went home on Saturday to find his house completely empty, except for a bed, one chair, and his clothes.  Josephine and the children are gone.  :o(

What are we doing here.    

On another note... the sun is shining, birds are singing, there is music in the streets.  We had enough water this morning to make tea and have a sponge bath.  Life is just o.k.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment