Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One hour to take off

It feels like we have been saying farewell FOREVER!  But, the time has actually come.  I have been reluctant to blog... still am, a little, I guess.  I can't quite find what I'm feeling.  And I haven't actually left yet, so there is very little to report at this time. 

I do want to say how incredibly grateful I am. 


This has been quite the year -- saying good-bye to my Dad in January, Rancho la Puerta in February, Maui in June, going back to school in September, sitting with Adya in California in November, and now Kenya.  Sigh.  It's almost too much!  Thank God for good friends and copious episodes of The Office that have kept me grounded, or helped me numb out when needed, in the face of overwhelm.


I'm also so grateful to Terry... it's pretty amazing that we both want to go on a trip like this (twice!), and that we both love Rotary (though Terry wins the Keener prize for sure), and we both like our quiet little life in our funny little house.


Anyway, forgive me if this blog feels a little "Dear Diary-ish" from time to time... I was going to have a "public" blog and a separate "friend" blog, and perhaps a private journally blog, but I'm going for simplicity in my life, so this will be the catch all.


Here we go... weeeeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment