Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Count down...

In less than two weeks, Terry and I will be taking off for Kenya!  We will be busy while we are there overseeing the construction of 50 protected springs and coordinating sanitation training.  Vocational and leadership training to empower women and youth with skills to increase family income and alleviate poverty is already underway in Kakamega.

The trip for me this year is about building relationships and learning as much as I can from the women in the community.  I am hoping someone will be willing to help me with my Swahili too!

Thank you to everyone who has supported our work with donations, time and interest.  The need is great, but more importantly, so is the potential.

Some of you have said that you would still like to donate.  If you would like a tax receipt for 2011, please donate on-line http://www.canadahelps.org/GivingPages/GivingPage.aspx?gpID=10931 as soon as possible.  If a tax receipt is not important, then we can accept cash, cheques, and on-line donations at any time.  We found last time we were there that it is nice to have some money available for unexpected needs that will undoubtably arise.  Last time a friend gave us $200 and said, "Change someone's life."  We were able to buy a bundle of clothing ($50) for Josephine to start a little business selling clothing at the market.  The business is still going and has been an important source of income for Josephine and her family.

Anyway, what I really want to say is thank you so much for your support!  I shake my head sometimes in awe of the life I am living.  Kenya penetrated my heart last time we were there and I feel so blessed to be going back.

If you'd like to follow along while we are gone, we will be blogging here CanadatoKenya.blogspot.com.

Asante sana,

Tanya and Terry

p.s. These pictures show why we are going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment