Monday, April 2, 2012

National Coverage of Rotary Springs project, but...

...but, nothing comes for free.  It "cost" (no receipts possible) about $200 CDN to have this coverage.  I left it to RC Kakmega to arrange and they said its the only way to get publicity.  Not to mention to get attention from politicians.  I know how offensive this is to our Canadian sensibilities, but these kind of challenges abounded. Also with training workshops- even if you provide free training, onsite, a transportation stipend is expected from each participant, including 'volunteers' and teachers, and of course for the 'free' venue.  "But we are having this workshop in timbuktwo to SAVE money and time!!" I yelped, "what about the donors, it COST me money to come here and I have to pay others to come,to learn about clean water, that WE brought to them?!".  All I can hope is that donors understand I did my best to guard their hard-earned dollars. I just kept thinking of the tots who wont die of diarrhea, pay the money and curse the culture of graft. "For the kids, for the kids, for the kids..."

No comments:

Post a Comment